You can add an image as the background on most products. This allows for your design or photo to bleed off the page. Below are the dimensions needed to have a background image bleed:
Postcard Front: 9.25 x 6.25 inches, 2775 pixels, 1875 pixels
Postcard Back: 4.625 x 6.25 inches, 1387 X 1875 pixels
Vertical Card: 4.84 x 6.68 inches, 1452 x 2005 pixels
Newsletter Page: 8.627 x 11.25 inches, 2588 x 3375 pixels
Horizontal Card: 6.68 x 4.84 inches, 2005 x 1452 pixels
Letter Insert Background: 8.627 x 11.25 inches, 2588 x 3375 pixels
We also have some Canva templates for creating the perfectly sized photos, found here:
Note: Be sure when creating a design that the DPI (dots per inch) is set at 300dpi - this ensures a clear, high-quality photo is printed.
How To Use Canva Templates for AppealMaker:
- Click on the link for the template you would like to use - a new window will open with the template.
- Click "Use template" on the new window.
- Now in Canva, you can delete the placeholder information such as the name, dimensions, and background color to customize the design. You can also rename the file by clicking on the name in the top right corner, near the "Download" button.
- When your design is complete, click the "Download" button in the top right corner.
- Select your file type that you would like to download; recommended type for AppealMaker is JPG or PNG.
- Once you've downloaded your image, return to AppealMaker & upload the image as usual.