- Uploading a .csv file type is required.
- You cannot combine data in AppealMaker, such as first name and last name to make [Addressee]. Do all combining in your donor management program or Excel.
- Double check that your list doesn't have any special characters or spaces in the name.
- You do not have to include [GA1], [GA2], [GA3], or [GA4] in the list you upload.
- Gift strings build from [Last Gift Amount], be sure to include this data in your list.
- Don't include dollar signs ($) in the [Last Gift Amount] data.
- If [Last Gift Amount] is not in the list you upload, every donor will get the default gift string, which you can change on the Account Info page.
- [Custom] fields have character limits of 250 characters, including spaces.
- You can upload a sample list to your account if there are people at your organization who would always like to receive copies of what is sent. Then you don't have to include them in your recipient list each time.
Information Required by USPS to Mail:
- Address Line 1
- Zip Code
Download our example file to see our recommended column names.